• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 19, 2019

    No Man's Sky Just took this shot and just gotta say I love it!

    No Man's Sky Just took this shot and just gotta say I love it!


    Just took this shot and just gotta say I love it!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:12 AM PST

    Someone found a rock from a glitch planet

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:20 AM PST

    Squid Ship Mk II

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 02:07 PM PST

    Sock Puppet Derp

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:58 AM PST

    I still managed to enter dialogue and hire these guys.... Somehow. And who wouldn't?! I mean, look at that park! Or maybe the planet was a gift, and I didn't even thank them. What a galaxy.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:16 AM PST

    I don’t want another multi-tool - this one has saved my ass for over 1200 hrs, and it would feel very disloyal to even glance at another one.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:48 AM PST

    Met an unusual friend (these things roll around)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 03:03 AM PST

    Insane caves here! Amazing.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 12:00 AM PST

    Colours of Dawn (Cinemagraph)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 04:20 PM PST

    No Man’s Sky wins PlayStation Blog’s best PSVR game of 2019

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Coming soon...

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 10:59 PM PST

    Had a go at me he did. Poked me right in the shooter.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:34 AM PST

    This game has some real beautiful moments

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 04:59 AM PST

    We ride until dawn...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:24 AM PST

    Paradise

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:36 AM PST

    200+ hrs on Permadeath down the drain. Didn’t even know this was possible. ��‍♂️��

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 08:08 PM PST

    My New S-Class Hauler Flying Through An Asteroid.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:59 AM PST

    Bioshock Infinite inspired build. Built this in the sky.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:26 AM PST

    To Infinity and Beyond interlopers!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 10:54 AM PST

    No Man's Sky on X1 is on sale 60% off

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:15 AM PST

    Base on Fujita V ... creating a colony here with friends (Coordinates bird, bird, diplo, spiral, waves, bug, bird, boat, bird, spiral, boat, diplo)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:35 AM PST

    This place is a nightmare...... And if that bug bites me again, I might just kick it's head off. The littler one's not much better....... I might kick both their heads off later.... Today sucked. I'm leaving tonight. End Journal entry. ;)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:51 AM PST

    When I started playing this game, it was to explore an infinite universe...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:05 AM PST

    Back in 2016, I was excited to explore the infinite universe of No Man's Sky. I was ready to make real discoveries, explore places others never would, and have a unique experience exploring the universe. When the game released, that's exactly what I got. Just.. nothing more. The planets all felt fairly unique, but there wasn't much to do once you got there.

    It was a game purely focused on exploring and sight seeing, and I was one of the few that was fine with that.

    Today, 3 and a half years later, the game has changed wildly. On each planet, there are tons of things to do, things that I never would have imagined being in this game. And for that, I want to say Thank You to Hello Games. They stuck with this game through all the shit and made it into something incredible. They've added practically everything that they talked about pre-release, and much more.

    But.. despite all of the changes, improvements and additions that have come over the years, I find myself not wanting to play nearly as much as I did in the first few versions of the game. I know that, objectively, this version of the game is better than the earlier versions. But at some point, I feel that the game lost it's most important element: procedural exploration.

    At it's core, No Man's Sky is a game about being in an infinite universe, so why doesn't it feel like one anymore?

    Many people suggest HG just add new biomes, new fauna/flora, new buildings, etc. and that would make it feel more diverse. But those will only feel new for so long. Once you've seen them each a dozen times, they become predictable and unexciting. This has already happened with some of the new things they've added recently (the horrors, the new hazardous flora, the exotic planets, etc.)

    The only way I can imagine to revive the feeling of exploring an infinite universe is to bring back the diversity between the planet types, not add more. Currently, I don't feel any need to land on cold planets if I don't need resources because, "Once you've seen one, you've seen them all." Unfortunately, cold planets aren't alone in this.

    In the earlier versions, the game was pretty barren, yet exploring was more exciting. You never knew what a world would look like before entering the atmosphere. The procedural generation seems to have been toned down a lot in the more recent versions of the game. It's like everything got smoothed out to look cleaner, but that subsequently made everything less interesting.

    The older game felt much more procedural, whereas the current version feels more... handcrafted. And don't get me wrong, I think having handcrafted elements is absolutely fine, but when most of the game feels that way, the excitement and wonder is lost.

    If you had told me 3 years ago that this game would receive multiple major updates, I'd have guessed that the updated game would look like the e3 trailers but with even more diversity. Who would've guessed exploration would be less diverse after 3 years compared to day 1.

    When I think about the exploration of the older versions of the game and all of the new features the current version has, it makes me sad they're mutually exclusive. Just imagine having the procedural variety of the older versions with everything we have now... I don't think I'd ever put this game down. I hope a future update can bring that feeling back to me some day.

    I want to explore an infinite universe again.

    I want to explore No Man's Sky again.

    submitted by /u/SorenCelerity
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't figure out beatbytes, went and picked up a new ship. - 11DD00555C2F

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:26 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment