• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    No Man's Sky found a Dark Souls planet

    No Man's Sky found a Dark Souls planet


    found a Dark Souls planet

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:27 PM PST

    These synths are really powerful when you start playing with the advanced waveform settings! The song is named 'Full Science Ahead!' and I wrote it in-game in about 30 minutes.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:31 AM PST

    I’m happy with all the updates for free, so this isn’t a complaint about HG. I am just a little disappointed at the focus.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:07 AM PST

    I joked early on after the foundry update that this game had become Minecraft in space. Which is not a bad thing! But it is a direction.

    I'm not a builder. I'm an explorer. I'm happy that this game keeps moving forward but I want to see changes to exploration. Better planets, realistic solar systems, rotations, more expansive biomes with alternating weather patterns, etc.

    Instead we are getting musical chairs! I kid but honestly this is just not for me at all. Happy for those that are happy with this but I would love to see additions to the game that are not centered around building a giant Rick and Morty, or another floating station.

    submitted by /u/Olgrateful-IW
    [link] [comments]

    Interlopers by New Years Eve

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:02 PM PST

    A few months ago, me and a group of folks started working on a No Man's Sky tabletop rpg. I designed some race pages and just jokingly sent them to Hello Games. Today I was recognized in an official development post. I about dropped my phone.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:14 AM PST

    A rough draft of Jingle bells while you're stuck in acid rain

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:49 AM PST

    Fairytale forest

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:50 AM PST

    Why I did this, I don't know.; but I'm glad I did.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    Through the Looking Glass...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:59 AM PST

    When a creature craps out something as big as you are... walk away.....

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:24 AM PST

    Ah yes "hanging rock", the premium Gek make-out spot

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:13 AM PST

    Are Planet names also procedurally generated?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:10 AM PST

    I really appreciate the detail work on the space suits.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:20 AM PST

    It's still great but I just wanna recreate the Lavender Town song

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:38 AM PST

    Things that need to be addressed regarding Exploration, ByteBeat, and the Community

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:14 PM PST

    Today, like many of you, I checked Sean Murray's Twitter and the No Man's Sky website to see details about the ByteBeat update, which they clearly painted to be a small update that one coder spent a few weeks on, and was simply a little holiday gift for the players (note that it was only called 2.24, not given status as a full 2.3 patch or even the minor significance of 2.25). Also like many, I went to check Reddit to see what kind of reactions people got. However, there was a surprisingly mixed bag here, with a significant portion of players complaining that it wasn't an exploration update. This finally led me to make a post I've been wanting to make for a while.

    Since a little bit after Pathfinder launched, there has been a very vocal portion on this sub crying out for planetary diversity/changes (if I remember correctly, it started out as a desire for improved animal AI, and then became what it is today when Atlas Rises kinda screwed with lush worlds). This is not an unreasonable sentiment; with the exception of lush worlds, and sorta ice worlds during Atlas, the planets have stayed largely consistent in general design, even if they have gone through several texture overhauls since launch. There is very little inter-biome variety, and, with the exception of lush worlds, there's not rally a sense of aesthetic. While newer players are still able to enjoy the uniqueness of each planet, it starts to get same-ish the longer you play. With the game being over 3 years old at this point, it is understandable that this would be a problem for older players. This is a big reason why I never really have much desire to go to planets that aren't lush, exotic, or mega-exotic, and also why I haven't landed on hot/radioactive worlds in forever.

    To an extent, I also sympathize with some of the resentful feelings towards HG in this matter. Either as an inadvertent flaw of their "actions are better than words" philosophy, which, to be fair, they have relaxed with in recent years, or as an attempt to avoid backlash should they give an unsatisfactory answer, HG has remained pretty silent when it comes to addressing this part of the community, and things would be a lot easier if they addressed the "cans" and "can'ts" of the concept. However, I only sympathize with these feelings to an extent. HG is still a small team working on a AAA passion project, and coding is much harder than some people think. There are likely limits on what they can do to improve the existing features, and what they can do is likely either tough as balls (multi-biome planets, coding new biomes) or incredibly inane (adding more rock/plant assets/skins). The No Man's Sky community is also bigger and more diverse than this subreddit, and there are pressing matters and demands outside of better planets (fine tuning the electricity system, space improvements, QoL and Optimizations, etc.), and if those are easier/more engaging for HG to work on first, then that is their prerogative to do so and they should have that choice respected.

    I also feel the dissatisfaction goes a little bit too far and kinda pollutes this subreddit a bit. A prime example of this was the surge of Pathfinder screenshots during the NEXT-era. While I'm in full support of posting images from any version of the game, and didn't find many of the images themselves offensive (with the exception of the odd troll that claimed obviously modded screenshots were Pathfinder to get controversy stirring and capitalize off the situation) the general atmosphere of the concentration of the screenshots and the talk around them gave of the message "this new style sucks, let's go back to the good ol' days". I found this to be a weak argument on the basis that a) style preference is subjective, b)regressing to a previous version of the game limits our opportunities going forward, and c) Pathfinder wasn't as perfect as people remember it as, many on the subreddit had the same complaints as today, although less vocal. It generally created a kinda toxic atmosphere to me, something that the subreddit had prided itself on staying away from. It actually sort of drove me away a bit too; while I can live with and enjoy repeat content, the repetitive negativity of the situation made this place less desirable than it usually was. While I sympathized with the motivation, I felt that the resulting action had leaned just a bit on the wrong side (not to mention the fact that karma farmers soullessly milked the shit out of it for upvotes).

    And then we're brought to today. While one could make the argument that the Pathfinder screenshots were just healthy self-representation, I do feel that those who complained about ByteBeat are in the wrong here. It was explicitly just a small passion project by a singular developer who spent a few week's worth of resources on it, and the rest of the team was doing other things. HG is at a stage in development where they are working on multiple things at once, and it is very unfair to act like something like this is a waste of resources when it didn't take much away from the team at all. I'm also genuinely surprised people acted like they would get another big update within this time frame, with Synthesis/Beyond having come out not too long ago. On a general basis, we usually don't get major updates in the fall/winter season, and this was the first time ever we've gotten an even somewhat gameplay-changing update in December. There was no reason to get grumpy with HG for this update.

    tl;dr: I understand why some of you are frustrated, and to an extent I agree, but you can also be kinda dickish sometimes, and the ByteBeat mini-update isn't worth your consternation.

    If you feel generalized or condescended to, I'm sorry, that's not my intention. I've noticed what I see as negative trends in this subreddit, and I was hoping I'd at least bring light to them.

    submitted by /u/gojiSquid
    [link] [comments]

    Ancient Alien Dancehall (Ps4/Eissentam/Normal)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:59 AM PST

    Given To Fly

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:59 AM PST

    After almost 190 hours of gameplay, countless reloads, and about a week and a half of waiting for this newest patch to arrive; I've finally acquired the freighter that I've wanted since day 1!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 11:21 PM PST

    Found a planet named 'Bill'

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:47 AM PST

    My Reaction to my base being Featured in the NEXUS (YouTube #nCaptainSteve)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:58 AM PST

    Trying to learn more words than just "I," "Am," and "Groot."

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:03 AM PST

    These creatures always make me smile :)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:49 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment