• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    No Man's Sky The game trying to make a normal creature, wait for it.

    No Man's Sky The game trying to make a normal creature, wait for it.


    The game trying to make a normal creature, wait for it.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:04 AM PDT

    Origins changed my dead son's memorial planet into "The Nest"

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Origins changed my dead son's memorial planet into "The Nest"

    I discovered the planet with my son's name like this...

    So I renamed it to his full name.

    It went from the lovely planet in picture #1 to this.

    They keep coming back!

    I managed to clear enough of them away to get a decent photo.

    At least the glowing turtle is nice!

    Backstory - last November 6th, my son was struck and killed by a vehicle while he was walking home from school. It was the toughest thing I've had to deal with and I'm still not over it. He was only 25, a talented artist and a really tough survivor of life. And he loved cats.

    Fast forward to August 8th - I'm starting to travel through all the galaxies and I've just went through a black hole in Calypso to take me 605kly away from Center, to the Uruokawac system. There, I find a planet called "Victor Sudo." Victor was my son's middle name.

    It was a decent enough planet, hot storms sure, but Vincent Victor had "hot storms" of a temper sometimes too. I decided to make it into a kind of tribute. I named it after him, I put up a base called "In Memory of Vincent Victor", added enough pieces to allow it to be uploaded. I got the Portal address off of the photo mode and shared them with the rest of the family. Maybe they'd want to pick up the game and come visit some day.

    I planned on when I was done with going to all 255 galaxies, I'd come back and build something that said "Vincent Victor"... something he'd like.

    Well, today was that day and what I found... "The Nest". The planet was turned into one of the infested worlds.

    It was a gutpunch. It brought me to tears. Something I'd hoped to have as a little corner of this virtual galaxy for my son, now looks like... well... you know.

    I burned out the area around the base, clearing off all the infestation growth. It was cathartic in a way. I flew off to my freighter, came back, and more had grown back, so I burned that too. I guess I'll have to clear it up everytime I want to come back.

    I kinda think, in some strange way, Vincent would think it was funny, or maybe even cool. He had a quirky sense of humor. I miss it. I miss him.

    I'm not sure why I'm posting this here. I lurk a lot, chime in a little, but I enjoy the sharing and I thought that if anyone could maybe sympathize a bit, y'all could. I know that it's just the luck of the deal - procedural generation and numbers and all that, but damn if this didn't in some way feel like a little loss heaped on top of the loss last November. Something I'd hoped the family could share, even if just virtual... and now it's ... well... this.

    And maybe if there's a way I can somehow convince Sean to tweak those procedural numbers so Vincent's memorial planet isn't quite so infested... well... that would be nice too.

    See you around the galaxy. Be safe. We're not promised tomorrow.

    (edited to add - sorry about the way the pics posted, I was hoping it would be a gallery. If you can tell me how to make into one, I'd be grateful)

    (edited to add - I submitted a bug report to HG. Maybe something will come of it?)

    (8 Oct 0755CDT) Thank you so much for sharing a moment of your time and thoughts for Vincent. I'm really overwhelmed and grateful and humbled by your caring and the kind words. He does live on, and even if nothing comes of this - which is OK!! - at least for those moments, he lived on. Maybe that's a deeper lesson for me to chew on while I play this game.

    submitted by /u/Chgowiz
    [link] [comments]

    Everytime I play NMS....

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    ༼ つ O_O ༽つ

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    yOu ScRoLlEd So FaR dOwN yOu FoUnD dIaMoNdS...But be careful, spooky skeletons are out for your diamonds! Oh no! Chickens! Aw man!!!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Sometimes I just like to hit random glyphs to see where the universe decides to send me, I feel random portal travel has been underused, mostly because of the 'portal interference' thing. But now that it's gone, it's actually worthwhile. I have a portal base just for easy access.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    I refused the first exotic I saw because it didn't match my color scheme and couldn't find another for countless hours. But finally my second S class I've ever seen is free, matches my color scheme, and on a lush planet. So excited to pimp it out.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    a suspicious paradise

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Jupsel 4

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    I made a shutter button for my keyboard because I play on PC with gamepad & the lack of photo mode button made me sad. I guess I am hakkr now

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    the origins update turned my home planet into a freak show and i like it

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Starcraft Terran Battlecruiser, located 3000 LY from Euclid Center (Xbox, Normal, Euclid)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    Living in a space ocean.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    That is One Big Pile of Shit...

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    Weirdest planet yet, the parts that are around you are red while the rest is blue

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    TIFU...

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    More magic shroom worlds

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    So magical and colorful planet (Euclid Galaxy)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Best picture i've gotten from nms. i love picture mode.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    ManBearPig is real

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Slipping through dreamland like a tourist

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    OH BOI i think i hit a jackpot with RNG, what a good looking fighter

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    I found a completely grey bubble planet, with one creature, that looks like a balloon.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Origins killed it!! In a good way.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment