• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    No Man's Sky We appreciate you hello games

    No Man's Sky We appreciate you hello games


    We appreciate you hello games

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:25 PM PST

    Can I please just have some peace and quiet for like 10 minutes

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:23 AM PST

    Check out my new living ship guys. Willlddd

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:55 AM PST

    S-Class, 48+21 starter ship. Many shuttles were harmed in the making of this.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    ��������

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Every. Damn. Time.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Oh yeah, they come in pink.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:27 AM PST

    "You chose the wrong system buckaroo"

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:00 AM PST

    I’m Definitely going to overfeed this plant

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Visit the New Vegas strip on planet Novac!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:59 AM PST

    Corrupted squid? Cool visual glitch.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:01 AM PST

    Space Jelly

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Can't wait for my flying spiderant to mature!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:10 AM PST

    Ringed planet + exotic ship on pulse drive = this...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:03 AM PST

    Valet on my home planet sucks

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:30 AM PST

    A lament for nms about eggs and living ships and the bygone days of 18 quintillion planets

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:12 AM PST

    The game gets more strange every time it updates and it's a good thing depending on your game play style. Instead of making the egg a rare find when exploring (which fits the original focus of the game) we continue down this path that rewards the grinders of content. And with the living ship it's like the frosting on the grinding cake since you won't find it randomly (more on that in a sec). And if you don't grind you can just stand in the nexus and some one will drop a duplicated egg on you (less on this rant later). Nms has gone down a path I never would of guessed. I loved it from the beginning and after a 1000 hours of mostly survival I've seen it change into a more socially acceptable model that the masses of content eaters like. In a way it seems, to at least me and I'm probably just the odd one out, Hello Games made a choice between sticking with their original plan or make the game more popular with the average gamer. I love that they keep updating for free and I love that so many enjoy it. But it's left me with a shell of the game I began with that never kept going down the exploration path.

    Now they could of made the egg a rare random find and they could of made the ship a rare random find but they didn't and I'm guessing as to why. They need people to methodically follow the quest line and slow down the eating of the content because this is what many (or most?) people want. And they needed to stay away from, at least with the ship, from having it spawn in certain systems to avoid people just skipping the process and just going to posted locations (like people do for most things). So they locked it all behind the nexus and grinding and the need to get these things so feel like you are beating the game. Maybe some day they'll add both to a random thing but who knows. I know most reading this by this time have moved on to say, "You're lazy. Grinding is part of all games and if you don't like it don't play" and maybe that's right. All I know is that not everyone plays a game the same way and at least for me I have this thing about grinding that came from 20 years of mmo's and grinding boring repetitive things till you brain rotted. Well mine did.

    As for the egg droppers, people always want to help others and get some gratitude and praise for things like duplicating things and passing them out much of which will be gained by cheating. In my case I can't go down that path as it just ruins a game for me as it has oh so many times in past games. The need to be first, or the need to be the best (or the laziest..something now praised by many) drives the data miners and the short cutters who think in terms of what is quickest and how it makes you smarter.

    I want to continue to enjoy nms but as each update arrives and HG sweats blood putting out the free updates they've overlooked a subset of gamers that like to explore and discover things and maybe even find a rare thing. But as the updates keep coming they cement in the focus of the game to be one not of exploration ie easy travelling via joining someone else's game and the easy finding of rare things while still letting some annoying bugs (that I will keep reporting) in previous additions to the game. Survival is still a cake walk (which makes the only danger in perma is getting careless or dozing off in bad weather) and building is still clunky and buggy leading most builders to just glitch everything and basically turning nms into a game of aquisition and collecting. As long as you don't mind jumping through a load of regular hoops.

    Over the last few months I find it less interesting to keep playing but that's ok I guess as I got a 1000 hours of mostly fun out of it. I just wanted the dream to continue but now it's mostly a much smaller game that could easily be played in a few systems and the nexus. Thanks HG and thanks for the one person who might of read this.

    submitted by /u/mikeypaolakansas
    [link] [comments]

    Living Capital Ships.. hmm..

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I just want to get home! ��

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

    When you finally manage to space jump onto an asteroid and not die immediately.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Nightmare World

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:57 PM PST

    Found my dream model. Anvil nose with hammerhead and horn, black and blue carapace with missing armguards. Damage was low though, so trying more.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Probably one of the tamest planets I ever came across and it was very pretty indeed.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:06 PM PST

    I found... Something... Don't know what. Tried to find it on the internet... So... What the actuall space jelly crap is this? P. S. If this is a spoiler, I'm sorry.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    My new background. Just lovely ��

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:09 AM PST

    uhh, guys...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:52 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment