• Breaking News

    Friday, December 6, 2019

    No Man's Sky Started work on my Star Wars Echo Base inspired base yesterday. I'm already in over my head.

    No Man's Sky Started work on my Star Wars Echo Base inspired base yesterday. I'm already in over my head.


    Started work on my Star Wars Echo Base inspired base yesterday. I'm already in over my head.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:45 AM PST

    East Indium Trading Company is proud to present our newest model of Premium Ore Extractors!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:21 AM PST

    Streamline

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:38 AM PST

    I call her, "The One."

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:19 PM PST

    Walking in watercolors.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:42 AM PST

    Love Me a Shallow Beach on a "Mostly Pleasant" Island World

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 12:51 AM PST

    I apologize in advance for not having coords or glyphs, but I had to share how ecstatic I am about my new S Class freighter!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:12 AM PST

    Hello from a galaxy far ... far ... well actually I have no idea how far I at all!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 12:09 AM PST

    Hello everyone, this is my first post on Reddit and I am a brand new player of No Man's Sky Beyond, PS4. I am 40 years old, married mum so I am really a noob to PS4 gaming as well as No Man's Sky Beyond. I just wanted to come in here and annouce my sheer love of the game and excitement at going to the stars so unexpectedly at this time of my life!

    regards

    Jaymee

    submitted by /u/JaymeeTheSpaceman
    [link] [comments]

    300+ hours in. Just realized the Colossus is amphibious. Mind. Blown.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:49 AM PST

    Frickin' Laser Beam

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:52 AM PST

    Santa

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 03:26 PM PST

    Bath Time for Diplo

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:56 AM PST

    This Isn't the Game I Bought

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:35 AM PST

    TL;DR I bought this game years ago and last night I realized that this game has become so much more than the game I payed about $8 for.

    About three years ago I came across a copy of No Man's Sky at the GameStop in my mall. It was right after the huge backlash from the game's release. I had been so excited to play the game but with all of the cries of fraud I was hesitant to spend $60 on what was sure to be an absolutely terrible game. But there in that GameStop I saw No Man's Sky with a $7.99 price tag on it. How could I resist? I bought the game, loaded it up, and I fell in love immediately. Through each update I've had to give up saves due to my obsolete character builds, bases, and sometimes even the resources I'd collected. But every loss came with drastic improvement. Over the last few months I've been to busy to play anything, save for the occasional game of solitaire on the toilet. But tonight I updated the game, loaded it up, and fell in love all over again.

    In the Nexus, a mind boggling place of connectedness, I received a mission. I was supposed to help Nada and Polo get the drop on the Sentinels searching for the Space Anomaly. At first it seemed like just another planetary depot raid. Drop in, blow the doors open, and extract the data. Boy, was I in for a surprise.

    I entered the atmosphere of a brutally radioactive planet a fair distance away from my target. The mission called for using the "element of surprise" so I figured I'd play it up. At least in my own head. After making sure my ship was fully fueled in case I needed to call it in for a hasty exit, I made sure my boltcaster and plasma launcher were locked and loaded. As I snuck my way over to the depot I was able to scout two drones and one quad. When all the Sentinels were at the opposite end of the building I sprinted in and launched plasma grenade after plasma grenade at the door until it gave way. Alarms went off all around me, but my weapons were so finely tuned with upgrades that I was in before the drones could get a read on me. I engaged with the computer, expecting to download the data like every other raid before, but was stopped dead in my tracks.

    The computer knew I wasn't a Sentinel.

    The thought had never occurred to me that a computer would be able to tell the difference. As I panicked for a split second a suggestion popped up. If I was able to smear my hands with Pugneum perhaps the computer would mistake me for a Sentinel. Well, lucky me, a whole buffet of Pugneum was waiting for me outside. I exited the building to be met with the trio of Sentinels and the back up that had arrived while I was inside. They might've had numbers but I've had a few too many late nights grinding away for weapon upgrades. It wasn't even really a fight. I made my way back inside, essentially soaked in Sentinel blood (or oil?). It worked like a charm. I was able to extract the data. Only the twists weren't done coming. Polo and Nada hadn't sent me to fetch data about the Sentinels. They had sent me to cut off a local source. The computer marked coordinates to a plant where new drones were being manufactured.

    I fled the depot as fast as I could, heading directly towards my ship. When I got within evacuation distance, I tried my luck at fighting the few drones, two quads, and the walker the Sentinels sent after me. They went down easy, but if another wave came at me there might be trouble. As reinforcements were on the way, I hopped in my ship and took off towards the plant. However, as soon as I was high enough, I heard another alarm blaring at me. Only this time it was one of mine.

    "HOSTILE SHIPS INCOMING!"

    Before I knew what to do a Sentinel cruiser warped in next to me and I was caught in a dogfight right within spitting distance of the planet I was just on. The new terrain and reduced speed made the fight a bit more interesting. After wiping out the ship on my tail I made my way to the facility. A harvester like any other. At this point there was no need for surprise, a walker was already there waiting for me. I hopped out of my ship, launched a series of more space explosives at the pods, and got the hell out of Dodge. My ship started chirping again to inform me more hostiles were en route. By then it was too late. I summoned the Nexus and sped my way inside before my pursuers were even in the same solar system as me.

    My in game reward was a handful of Nanites and a pat on the back. Yet I felt more fulfilled than I had been by any other mission I'd ever played in No Man's Sky before. At it's core, the assignment was a combination of three standard mission types: a planetary depot raid, fixing broken equipment, and destroying a harvest facility. I've played all of these to the point of boredom. But meshing them together, adding a small amount of story, and playing them with my own head canon made it so much more to me. I truly love this game and everything it's become. I can't wait for more updates, more missions, and more time acting as a bounty hunter mercenary for this crazy group of space cultists. This isn't the game I bought. It's somehow much better.

    submitted by /u/MyWholeBodyIsCrying
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of this inspired drawing I made today?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 05:59 PM PST

    Low Anomaly / Elsewhere

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:13 AM PST

    The biggest "exploration" addition I want: Large, procedurally generated alien buildings/ruins to explore

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:02 AM PST

    I submitted that to HG's zendesk

    submitted by /u/amusedt
    [link] [comments]

    "...and then, just as the pirates start getting the upper hand, whoosh, my freighter warps in at the last second and saves the day!"

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:15 AM PST

    Asgard Orbital Station: the start of my low orbit space station. Xbox

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:13 AM PST

    I have reached the conclusion that Chromatic Fog Planets offer some of the most beautiful scenery in the game.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:29 AM PST

    Does anyone else feel like this game has almost infinite potential? I'm sure there are limits to procedural generation, but am I over-simplifying it in thinking that the base algorithm can be tweaked slightly resulting in drastic changes to the game?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    And on another note: I'd love to see them connect the game updates in the meta-world to the lore in the NMS universe, like each time the game updates its actually the Atlas regenerating itself.

    I wanna hear your conspiracy theories. I'm v3ry HI. 👽

    submitted by /u/OmnipotentDonut
    [link] [comments]

    A Humble Suggestion for a Hauler ability

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:24 AM PST

    Now that any starship can be a 48 slot starship, people seem to scrapping their haulers in favor of ships that handle more like a Ferrari and less like a steakhouse.

    I think the ideal enhancement to make them useful again would be if they could deploy and retrieve Exocraft, instead of summoning them from the quick menu. For example, imagine if you could fly your hauler over the ocean, and be able to just drop out of it in your Nautilon without having to find some little island to land on first? Imagine if when you finish exploring the deep, you could summon your hauler and have it swoop in and scoop you and your sub right out of the sea, instead of you having to sail back to land first?

    I say get rid of the Exocraft summoning station thing, and instead make it so Exocraft can only be summoned at their individual Exocraft stations built at a base, or via the quick menu only if you have a hauler to fly in and drop them for you. And you should be able to deploy into them directly from a hauler in flight, or have the Exocraft you are in retrieved by the hauler and transition directly back to piloting the hauler.

    I'm sure this would be a lot of dev work, but it would be a cooler aesthetic for Exocraft, give haulers new purpose, and make it easier to explore the parts of the ocean that are far from shore.

    submitted by /u/DragonZeku
    [link] [comments]

    Even the glitches are beautiful sometimes...

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 11:18 PM PST

    Soo, triangle tunnel connectors when?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:51 AM PST

    Echinaceafloures Denditriferia 'n me.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:26 AM PST

    Am I right

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment